Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes, crispy bacon and scallions dressed in a bacon champagne vinaigrette.
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Course: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 1/2 pound thick cut bacon
- 8 russet potatoes
- Gray salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 bunches green onions , both white and green parts, trimmed
- 1/3 cup Orange Champagne vinegar [Trader Joe’s]
- 1 tablespoon Whole Grain Dijon mustard [Trader Joe’s]
- 1 heaping tablespoon Hot and Sweet Mustard [Trader Joe’s]
- 2 shallots , minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup bacon fat
- 4 tablespoons Italian parsley leaves , chopped
Cut yukon potatoes, toss with some canola oil, salt and pepper. Put on a sheet pan in a single layer and roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, or until brown and crispy.
- Dice bacon and brown in pan on low to render out as much fat as possible. Remove bacon from pan and reserve bacon fat.
- Cut scallions into 1/2-inch pieces.
- To make the dressing: combine the Orange Champagne vinegar, hot and sweet mustard, Dijon, shallot, salt, and pepper. Slowly drizzle in extra-virgin olive oil and bacon fat, whisking constantly, until combined
- Combine the roasted potatoes, scallions, bacon and dressing. Toss to combine and serve!
Yield: 12 servings, Amount per serving: 302 calories, Calories: 302g, Carbohydrates: 27g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 17mg, Sodium: 350mg, Potassium: 649mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 27g, Vitamin C: 9g, Calcium: 22g, Iron: 1g