Vegetarian Stuffed Pepper Soup is hearty, colorful, and packed with flavors from delicious veggies then made more filling with rice and topped with cheese!
- Yield: 10 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 29 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper , diced
- 1 red bell pepper , diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper , diced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup rice , uncooked
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese , grated or shredded
- To a large pot add the olive oil, onion, and garlic on medium heat.
Cook, stirring often, for 5-6 minutes or until translucent.
- Add in the vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and rice.
- Stir well, bring to a boil, then reduce to medium-low heat.
Cook for 20 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Add in half the parmesan and mix, reserve the rest for garnish when serving.
Yield: 10 Servings, Amount per serving: 193 calories, Calories: 193g, Carbohydrates: 29g, Protein: 7g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 7mg, Sodium: 888mg, Potassium: 522mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 8g, Vitamin A: 992g, Vitamin C: 63g, Calcium: 191g, Iron: 3g