Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes made with potatoes, brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans are sweet, crunchy, and the PERFECT side dish for your holiday table!
- Yield: 10 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 5 medium sweet potatoes same football shape for all is best
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar plus some for sprinkling
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugared pecans chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and wash, scrub and dry your sweet potatoes.
Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork and cook them for 60-75 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Cut off the top 1/3 of the potato lengthwise and scoop out the insides leaving 1/4 inch wall thickness of the sweet potato (scrape all you can out of 1 potato we will be discarding it’s shell).
Add the scooped out sweet potatoes with brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, black pepper, and butter to a food processor and combine until smooth.
Put the mixture back into 4 potato shells, top with brown sugar and pecans and bake for 15-18 minutes.
Yield: 10 servings, Amount per serving: 188 calories, Calories: 188g, Carbohydrates: 26g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 18mg, Sodium: 178mg, Potassium: 233mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 15g, Vitamin A: 9430g, Vitamin C: 1.6g, Calcium: 36g, Iron: 0.5g