Delicious, easy Mexican rice made with stock and salsa. Great flavors!
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa , I use my Guapo’s Salsa
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat.
Stir in onion, and on medium high, cook for a few minutes until it begins to brown.
- Add rice and cook until the rice starts to turn a brighter shade of white. Do not brown the rice.
- Add in the chicken broth and salsa.
Stir and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower the head and simmer for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, turn off the heat and let sit for 10 minutes covered.
- Fluff rice with a fork to mix the salsa back into the rice.
Yield: 6 servings, Amount per serving: 229 calories, Calories: 229g, Carbohydrates: 41g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 595mg, Potassium: 249mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 208g, Vitamin C: 7g, Calcium: 31g, Iron: 1g