Taco Chili is a hearty and flavorful dish with delicious Mexican ingredients. A fun twist on typical taco night with plenty of delicious topping options.
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: American/Mexican
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 30 ounces black beans , rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces pinto beans , rinsed and drained
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes , do not drain
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 1 packet ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 packet taco seasoning , or 3 tablespoons homemade Taco Seasoning
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese
In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 8-10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer beef to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
Rinse and drain beans. Add to beef, along with diced tomatoes and green chilies, tomato sauce, onion, the dressing and seasoning mixes.
Cook, covered, on low until flavors are blended, 6-8 hours. Serve with toppings as desired.
Yield: 12 Servings, Amount per serving: 311 calories, Calories: 311g, Carbohydrates: 29g, Protein: 22g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 51mg, Sodium: 840mg, Potassium: 818mg, Fiber: 10g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 447g, Vitamin C: 13g, Calcium: 81g, Iron: 5g