Sugar Cookies are the ultimate holiday cookie and so fun to decorate! They bake quickly and you can make them soft or crunchy according to your preference.
- Yield: 24 Servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 1 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a stand mixer cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture on the lowest speed setting until just combined.
- Add a heaping teaspoon of rolled cookie dough per cookie to the sheet, 2 inches apart.
Bake for 8 minutes for soft cookies or 10 minutes for crunchy cookies.
Let cool 5 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.
Yield: 24 Servings, Amount per serving: 172 calories, Calories: 172g, Carbohydrates: 24g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 28mg, Sodium: 50mg, Potassium: 29mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 13g, Vitamin A: 248g, Calcium: 9g, Iron: 1g