Spicy Beef and Potato Soup is a hearty, rich, flavorful dish made with ground beef, potatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, cayenne pepper, and chili powder.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Course: Soup
- Cuisine: American
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 1 pound ground beef , (85/15)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 4 russet potatoes , cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Add oil to a large pot or dutch oven on high heat.
Add ground beef, onion, salt, and pepper, breaking it apart as you cook it until browned, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add in the tomato sauce, beef broth, cayenne pepper, and chili powder and stir well.
- Add in the potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low heat and cook, uncovered, for 1 hour.
Yield: 8 Servings, Amount per serving: 229 calories, Calories: 229g, Carbohydrates: 23g, Protein: 15g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 39mg, Sodium: 1228mg, Potassium: 800mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 323g, Vitamin C: 9g, Calcium: 38g, Iron: 3g