Thanksgiving in a flash! Slow cooked turkey that is browned and moist covered in gravy with candied sweet potatoes and peas in just 7 Ingredients!
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 hours
- Total Time: 7 hours 15 minutes
- Course: Main
- Cuisine: American
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 4 turkey thighs , bone in, skin on (you can also use legs)
- kosher salt , divided
- black pepper , divided
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes , peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar , divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 12 ounces frozen peas
- Add ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add in turkey pieces, skin side up.
- Top with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
30 minutes before turkey is finished cooking, start working on sweet potatoes.
- Add salt (to taste, I use 1/2 teaspoon), pepper (to taste, I use 1/4 teaspoon), canola oil and 3 tablespoons brown sugar to sweet potatoes and combine.
Spread sweet potatoes on a baking pan and roast in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove turkey from the slow cooker.
- Pour the liquid left behind in the slow cooker into a measuring cup and remove as much of the fat as you can.
- Melt the butter into a saucepan on medium high heat and combine with 2 tablespoons of flour.
Whisk and let cook on medium for one minute to cook out the raw flour taste.
Add in the rest of the turkey liquid and let it cook until thickened, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper (I use 1/2 teaspoon of each).
- Remove sweet potatoes and top with additional 3 tablespoons brown sugar.
- Microwave or steam the green peas.
- Serve turkey, covered with gravy, sweet potatoes covered with brown sugar and steamed peas on the side.
Yield: 4 servings, Amount per serving: 459 calories, Calories: 459g, Carbohydrates: 78g, Protein: 8g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 139mg, Potassium: 995mg, Fiber: 11g, Sugar: 31g, Vitamin A: 33000g, Vitamin C: 39.4g, Calcium: 104g, Iron: 2.9g