Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers are hearty, flavorful, and wonderfully easy. Enjoy colorful peppers stuffed with a ground beef, rice, and tomato mixture!
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 hours
- Total Time: 7 hours 15 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 1 pound ground beef 85/15
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 1/2 cups instant white rice , or half-cooked plain white rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups beef broth
- 6 bell peppers , cut in half through the stem and cleaned
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese , grated or shredded
- Add beef to a large skillet on medium-high heat, breaking it apart as it cooks.
- Drain excess fat after the beef is browned.
Add in the olive oil, onions, and garlic, reduce heat to medium, cooking for 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the rice, water, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, kosher salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning along with the ground beef back into the pan and mix it all together.
- Scoop the mixture into the bell peppers, packing it down slightly.
- Top with 1/2 the Parmesan Cheese.
- Pour beef broth into the bottom of your slow cooker and place bell peppers in the pot carefully.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Garnish with remaining Parmesan cheese before serving.
Yield: 6 Servings, Amount per serving: 392 calories, Calories: 392g, Carbohydrates: 32g, Protein: 22g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 57mg, Sodium: 1140mg, Potassium: 845mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 10g, Vitamin A: 4145g, Vitamin C: 160g, Calcium: 153g, Iron: 5g