Slow Cooker 40 Cloves of Garlic Chicken is your next go-to weeknight meal. Buttery chicken in a rich sauce with white wine, thyme, and, yes, 40 garlic cloves.
- Yield: 10 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 6 chicken thighs , skin-on and bone-in
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter , sliced thinly
- 40 cloves garlic , peeled (about 3 heads of garlic)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon rubbed thyme
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetable oil to a large skillet on medium high heat.
Sear the chicken on both sides, about 4-5 minutes on each side until browned.
- Add chicken to your slow cooker along with garlic and slices of butter.
- Mix white wine and rubbed thyme and pour around the chicken.
Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken and garlic from pan.
- Add liquid to a saucepan.
- Mix cornstarch and water and pour into saucepan.
Bring liquids to a boil and thicken, about 3-4 minutes on high heat.
Pour over chicken and garlic to serve.
- Optional: to make creamy add 1/4 cup heavy cream to liquids in saucepan before thickening.
Yield: 10 Servings, Amount per serving: 294 calories, Calories: 294g, Carbohydrates: 5g, Protein: 15g, Fat: 22g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 97mg, Sodium: 303mg, Potassium: 243mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 217g, Vitamin C: 4g, Calcium: 32g, Iron: 1g