Roast Turkey From Frozen is perfect if you forgot to thaw your turkey! It takes more time, but you can roast frozen turkey to crispy and tender meat.
- Yield: 16 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 35 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 12-14 pound turkey
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove turkey wrapping and place the solid frozen turkey on a roasting rack.
Roast for 2 hours.
- Remove the giblets and season with salt and pepper.
- Rub with unsalted butter.
Put back in the oven and roast for 2 to 2:30 hours until the thickest part of the thigh reads at 165 degrees.
- If the turkey browns too quickly, tent with foil while it continues to cook.
Remove from oven, tent with foil, and let rest for 20 minutes before serving.
Yield: 16 Servings, Amount per serving: 378 calories, Calories: 378g, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 52g, Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 185mg, Sodium: 562mg, Potassium: 541mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 266g, Calcium: 28g, Iron: 2g