Persian Yellow Rice is a flavorful, easy rice recipe and must have side dish for Persian food! Fluffy basmati rice cooked in saffron-infused chicken broth.
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern, Persian
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 1/8 teaspoon ground saffron , about a pinch saffron threads
- 2 cups boiling water , divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked basmati or jasmine rice , rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- Steep the saffron in 1/2 cup boiling water or chicken broth.
- In a large dutch oven, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the rice and salt.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the rice begins to absorb the butter and becomes opaque, but do not brown the rice.
- Pour the remaining 1 1/2 cups boiling broth (or water) along with the saffron-infused broth and stir.
- Cover immediately, reduce to low heat, and cook 20 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed.
Garnish with sumac to serve.
Note: For best results, do not remove the lid while the rice is cooking.
Yield: 6 servings, Amount per serving: 146 calories, Calories: 146g, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 426mg, Potassium: 35mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 117g, Calcium: 11g, Iron: 1g