Mushroom Stuffing is the perfect addition to your holiday table. Wonderfully flavorful with sage, rosemary, dried thyme, onion, and chicken broth.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Course: Side
- Cuisine: American
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms , white or crimini
- 4 stalks celery , finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 21 ounces cube stuffing
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Add unsalted butter to a large skillet on medium-high heat.
Add mushrooms and sear until lightly browned for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from the pan and add in the celery and onions.
Reduce heat to medium, cook for 6-8 minutes until translucent.
- Add in the salt, sage, rosemary, thyme, and black pepper and stir.
- To a large bowl add the cube stuffing, vegetable mixture, and mushrooms and toss.
- In a second bowl whisk together chicken broth, eggs, and melted butter.
- Pour the mixture over the bowl and toss gently to moisten the bread cubes.
Pour the mixture into your baking dish and bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes.
Yield: 8 Servings, Amount per serving: 261 calories, Calories: 261g, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 73mg, Sodium: 1008mg, Potassium: 385mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 696g, Vitamin C: 8g, Calcium: 53g, Iron: 2g