Moroccan Lamb Stew is a traditional dish with fall-apart tender lamb, chickpeas, warm spices, apricots, and raisins. It’s an easy one-pot recipe!
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: Moroccan
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 2 pounds lamb stew meat
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 carrots , sliced
- 2 cans chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 6 cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried Turkish apricots , chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Season lamb with salt and pepper, then add to a large dutch oven with oil on medium-high heat.
Cook on all sides until seared well, 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Add in the onion, garlic, carrots, chickpeas, beef broth, ginger, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, dried apricots, and raisins and stir well.
Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat and cook for 60 minutes.
Yield: 8 Servings, Amount per serving: 237 calories, Calories: 237g, Carbohydrates: 10g, Protein: 26g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 74mg, Sodium: 1339mg, Potassium: 597mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 2704g, Vitamin C: 3g, Calcium: 42g, Iron: 3g