Easy Irish Lamb Stew is hearty classic Irish comfort food with tender lamb and stew veggies braised in a rich Guinness-beef broth. Ready in about one hour.
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds leg of lamb , cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 yellow onion , cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 stalks celery , sliced
- 2 carrots , sliced
- 2 pounds russet potatoes , cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- 12 ounces Guinness Beer
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
Add oil to a large pot or dutch oven on high heat.
Season lamb with salt and pepper and cook until slightly browned, about 6-8 minutes.
Add in the onion, celery and carrots and stir well.
- Add broth, beer, Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil.
Reduce to low heat and cook for 30 minutes, then add in the potatoes and cook an additional 30-40 minutes until lamb is tender.
Yield: 6 servings, Amount per serving: 338 calories, Calories: 338g, Carbohydrates: 35g, Protein: 25g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 61mg, Sodium: 1524mg, Potassium: 1181mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 3499g, Vitamin C: 13g, Calcium: 66g, Iron: 4g