Irish Guinness Beef Stew is a traditional Irish pub food made with chuck roast, potatoes, vegetables, and a warm broth flavored with Guinness beer.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: Irish
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds chuck roast , cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 yellow onion , cut into 1/2″ chunks
- 3 stalks celery , sliced
- 2 carrots , sliced
- 2 pounds russet potatoes , cut into 1″ cubes
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- 12 ounces Guinness Beer
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Add oil to a large pot or dutch oven on high heat.
Season beef with salt and pepper and cook until slightly browned about 6-8 minutes.
- Add in the onion, celery, and carrots and stir well.
- Add broth, beer, Worcestershire sauce, and bring to a boil.
Reduce to low heat and cook for 30 minutes, then add in the potatoes and cook an additional 30-40 minutes until beef is tender.
Yield: 8 Servings, Amount per serving: 366 calories, Calories: 366g, Carbohydrates: 26g, Protein: 26g, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 78mg, Sodium: 1190mg, Potassium: 1056mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 2639g, Vitamin C: 10g, Calcium: 65g, Iron: 4g