Indian Keema Aloo is a traditional one-pot dish of spicy ground beef and tender potatoes. Seasoned with cumin, ginger, coriander, and turmeric.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: Indian
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 1 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 jalapeno , minced
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes , do not drain
- 3 russet potatoes , peeled and diced into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Add oil and onion to a large pot on medium heat.
Cook onions, stirring occasionally, 6-8 minutes until translucent.
Add in coriander, garam masala, cumin, salt, turmeric, ginger and cayenne and stir well, then cook for 1 minute.
Add in beef and cook, breaking it apart and stirring occasionally, until it is cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
Add in garlic and jalapenos, then cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the tomatoes, water, and potatoes and stir well.
Bring to a simmer, then cook for 10-12 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Add in frozen peas, stir and serve.
Yield: 8 Servings, Amount per serving: 277 calories, Calories: 277g, Carbohydrates: 24g, Protein: 15g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 39mg, Sodium: 345mg, Potassium: 784mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 347g, Vitamin C: 26g, Calcium: 68g, Iron: 4g