Crispy while soft, sweet while salty, these Honey Roasted Apples are an absolute amazing side to a for pork, chicken and stuffed pastas.
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 2 Braeburn or similar apples
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pre-heat oven to 425.
Remove the core of the apples and cut into 1 inch chunks, toss with lemon juice.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium high heat with the butter in it.
- When the butter begins to brown add the apples and kosher salt.
Sautee for 5 to 7 minutes until the edges start turning a rich brown color.
Add the honey and put in oven for about 8-10 minutes.
- The apples should be tender but not mushy and richly caramelized.
- Carefully serve with spatula, taking care not to smash them.
Yield: 4 servings, Amount per serving: 257 calories, Calories: 257g, Carbohydrates: 49g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 23mg, Sodium: 295mg, Potassium: 209mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 42g, Vitamin A: 361g, Vitamin C: 11g, Calcium: 13g, Iron: 1g