This salsa is one of the most sought after recipes in DC, and a little digging unearthed the Washington Post article from 2006 with the recipe. It takes less than 5 minutes and is hands down the best salsa ever.
- Yield: 1 quart
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Course: Salsa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 1 large jalapeno , stemmed (halve and remove seeds for less heat)
- 1 can tomato juice (11-12 oz)
- 1 small white onion , chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes , cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Place the jalapeno chili peppers in a food processor with the tomato juice and pulse until almost smooth.
Transfer to a medium bowl and add the onions, tomatoes, cilantro, salt, pepper, cumin and oil, stirring to combine.
Taste and adjust seasoning.
Serve with tortilla chips.
Yield: 1 quart, Amount per serving: 360 calories, Calories: 360g, Carbohydrates: 24g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 29g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 3515mg, Potassium: 878mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 11g, Vitamin A: 2740g, Vitamin C: 60.6g, Calcium: 91g, Iron: 3.2g