Ground Thai Peanut Chicken is an easy homemade version of a classic takeout dish with rich peanut sauce made with peanut butter, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: Thai
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- To make the sauce combine the ginger, garlic powder, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, and sriracha.
- To make the cornstarch mixture, dissolve 1 tablespoon cornstarch in the remaining 1 tablespoon of water and set aside.
- To a large pan add 1 tablespoon oil and ground chicken.
Cook until a good crust forms before breaking apart, then finish cooking by breaking it apart with a spatula and cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked add sauce and bring it to boil.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the pan and cook for just a few seconds, stirring until it thickens.
Yield: 8 Servings, Amount per serving: 185 calories, Calories: 185g, Carbohydrates: 5g, Protein: 14g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 49mg, Sodium: 248mg, Potassium: 408mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 10g, Iron: 1g