Easy Ground Sesame Chicken has all the sticky sweet sesame flavor you crave with half the calories. A healthy twist on a food court favorite in 20 minutes!
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: Asian
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
Sesame Chicken Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- To a large pan add 1 tablespoon oil and ground chicken.
Cook until a good crust forms before breaking apart, then finish cooking by breaking it apart with a spatula and cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Once the chicken is cooked add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for about 10 seconds.
- For the Sesame Chicken Sauce: Add the rice vinegar, soy sauce water, brown sugar, water, sesame oil, and tablespoon of cornstarch in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Add the Sesame Chicken sauce and bring to boil. Cook for just a few seconds, stirring until it thickens.
Garnish with sesame seeds before serving.
Yield: 4 servings, Amount per serving: 343 calories, Calories: 343g, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 22g, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 98mg, Sodium: 890mg, Potassium: 659mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 27g, Vitamin A: 37g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 46g, Iron: 2g