Ground Kung Pao Chicken with chopped zucchini, bell peppers and crunchy peanuts in Panda Express copycat sauce and done in 20 minutes!
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil , divided
- 1 red bell pepper , minced
- 1 large zucchini , minced
- 1/4 cup diced green onion , white part only, in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cooking wine (I used white wine)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 4 tablespoons water
- 2 ounces dry roasted peanuts , crushed
Heat wok/skillet on high heat 10 seconds, you want that pan to be nice and hot!
- To a large pan add 1 tablespoon canola oil and ground chicken.
Cook until a good crust forms before breaking apart, then finish cooking by breaking it apart with a spatula and cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, add the other tablespoon of canola oil, red bell pepper and zucchini.
Cook on high and cook for 1-2 minutes, until just caramelized and slightly cooked.
- Add the crushed red pepper, green onions, ginger, garlic, crushed red pepper, sesame oil and cooked ground chicken.
- Stir for 2-3 seconds and immediately add the wine, soy sauce and water mixed with cornstarch.
- Bring it to a boil for a minute or so until the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts if desired.
Yield: 4 Servings, Amount per serving: 355 calories, Calories: 355g, Carbohydrates: 11g, Protein: 26g, Fat: 25g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 98mg, Sodium: 808mg, Potassium: 936mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 1240g, Vitamin C: 47.9g, Calcium: 27g, Iron: 2.1g