Ground General Tso’s Chicken is a healthy twist on popular Asian takeout! All the garlicky, sweet, slightly spicy flavor you love ready in just 20 minutes!
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: Asian
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 8 ounces canned water chestnuts , diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
General Tso’s Sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
To a large pan add 1 tablespoon oil, ground chicken and diced water chestnuts.
Cook until a good crust forms before breaking apart, then finish cooking by breaking it apart with a spatula and cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Once the chicken is cooked add the ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for about 10 seconds.
- For the General Tso’s Sauce: Add the rice vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, water, sugar and tablespoon of cornstarch in a small bowl and whisk together.
Add the General Tso’s sauce and bring to boil. Cook for just a few seconds, stirring until it thickens.
Yield: 4 servings, Amount per serving: 254 calories, Calories: 254g, Carbohydrates: 13g, Protein: 21g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 98mg, Sodium: 860mg, Potassium: 621mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 10g, Vitamin A: 74g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 12g, Iron: 1g