Ground Chicken Tacos are the ultimate easy weeknight dinner. Ready in just 15 minutes with flavorful ingredients like peppers, cumin, and taco seasoning.
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper , diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper , diced
- 1/2 cup onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning , or 1 packet
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 12 taco shells
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and onion to the skillet and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cumin, coriander, cayenne, taco seasoning, salt, and pepper and stir.
- Add ground chicken and break it apart.
Mix in flour and cook 2-3 minutes.
Add chicken broth and raise heat to a simmer, cooking 4-5 minutes until thickened.
- Serve in the taco shells, with shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and sour cream.
Yield: 12 Servings, Amount per serving: 143 calories, Calories: 143g, Carbohydrates: 10g, Protein: 8g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 33mg, Sodium: 255mg, Potassium: 281mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 278g, Vitamin C: 15g, Calcium: 21g, Iron: 1g