Ground Beef Cabbage Soup is an easy, one-pot, comforting soup with tender beef, rich tomato flavor, cabbage, and other veggies. Ready in just a half-hour!
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Course: Soup
- Cuisine: American
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 1 pound ground beef , (85/15)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 cups beef broth
- 4 cups cabbage , cut into 1″ chunks
- 2 carrots , sliced
- 2 stalks celery , sliced
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes , do not drain
- Add oil to a large pot or dutch oven on high heat.
Add ground beef, onion, salt, and pepper, breaking it apart as you cook it until browned, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add in the tomato sauce, beef broth, cabbage, carrots, celery, and diced tomatoes then stir well.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes until cabbage and carrots are tender.
Yield: 8 Servings, Amount per serving: 168 calories, Calories: 168g, Carbohydrates: 9g, Protein: 14g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 39mg, Sodium: 1244mg, Potassium: 574mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 2808g, Vitamin C: 22g, Calcium: 61g, Iron: 2g