Filet Mignon with Red Wine Reduction is a tender, mouthwatering recipe that’s cooked in the oven in under 10 minutes and perfect for any special occasion.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep Time: 26 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 44 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: French
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
Red Wine Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons butter , divided
- 1/2 yellow onion , diced
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 beef tenderloin , filet mignon steaks, (~8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large skillet add 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, onion, and garlic on medium heat.
Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until translucent.
Whisk in salt, oregano, black pepper, and tomato paste and cook for 30 seconds.
Add in wine and beef broth and bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes until the sauce is reduced by half.
- Turn off heat, strain the sauce to a fine-mesh strainer and add it back to a clean saucepan.
- Add in remaining 2 tablespoons butter and whisk until smooth (cover to keep warm, but do not cook on high heat or sauce will over-reduce).
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons unsalted butter to a now cleaned skillet (just bigger than your steaks) on high heat.
- Season steaks all over with salt and pepper.
Sear the steaks on each side for 3 minutes until browned.
Place in the oven for 4 minutes (for rare, 5-6 for medium or more for well done).
Let rest for 10 minutes, covered with a sheet of foil, before serving with red wine sauce.
Yield: 8 Servings, Amount per serving: 276 calories, Calories: 276g, Carbohydrates: 3g, Protein: 26g, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 95mg, Sodium: 636mg, Potassium: 459mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 323g, Vitamin C: 2g, Calcium: 32g, Iron: 2g