Easy Cube Steak with Gravy is the ultimate comfort food recipe of browned cube steaks with a rich gravy and caramelized onions. Serve with mashed potatoes!
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 4 cube steaks
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , divided
- 1 yellow onion , sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Using a meat tenderizer, pound the steaks on each side for 5-10 seconds to tenderize them.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to a large heavy skillet on medium heat.
Add onions and cook 5-6 minutes until translucent, then remove the onions.
- Season the steaks with salt, pepper and paprika.
Cook cube steaks for 4-5 minutes on each side on medium high heat.
- Remove steaks, add remaining butter to the pan along with flour on high heat.
Whisk well and cook flour for 1 minute.
Whisk in the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce until smooth and creamy then let the broth cook for 4-5 minutes until boiling and thickened.
Add steaks and onions back to the pan and coat with gravy before serving.
Yield: 4 servings, Amount per serving: 520 calories, Calories: 520g, Carbohydrates: 9g, Protein: 38g, Fat: 36g, Saturated Fat: 18g, Cholesterol: 168mg, Sodium: 1730mg, Potassium: 698mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 771g, Vitamin C: 2g, Calcium: 58g, Iron: 4g