All the flavors of the original, with 1/4 the number of ingredients! Homemade delicious vanilla ice cream, dipped in homemade chocolate magic shell and topped with crushed peanuts.
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate disks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons peanuts
- 8 waffle cones (I use Let’s Do Organic Ice Cream Cones)
- Mix together the half and half, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
- Add to your ice cream maker and freeze according to it’s instructions.
- Let the ice cream set up and freeze solid overnight.
- You can also coat the inside of your cone with melted chocolate to be a bit more authentic.
- Scoop some ice cream into your cone and level it off, then top it with a large rounded scoop. Refreeze.
Melt chocolate and coconut oil in microwave together in 30 second increments.
- You want it barely melted and mixed so it won’t take too long to cool down.
- In the meantime chop up the peanuts.
- Dip the ice cream cone upside down into your homemade magic shell and immediately sprinkle with peanuts, the shell will freeze VERY quickly.
- Freeze until you are ready to eat.
Yield: 8 servings, Amount per serving: 288 calories, Calories: 288g, Carbohydrates: 19g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Cholesterol: 45mg, Sodium: 85mg, Potassium: 204mg, Sugar: 7g, Vitamin A: 445g, Vitamin C: 1.1g, Calcium: 144g, Iron: 0.8g