Cheesy Philly Cheesesteak Soup is an easy, creamy beef stew loaded with onions, mushrooms, bell peppers and cheese. Topped with buttery homemade croutons!
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat , or cut up chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 8 cups beef broth
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 2 green bell peppers diced
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese cubed
- Homemade croutons , recipe below
- Add oil to a large pot or dutch oven on high heat.
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
Add beef to the pot and sear on all sides, about 8-10 minutes.
Add in the onions and cook for 4-5 minutes, until translucent.
Add in beef broth and bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat.
Cook, uncovered, for 1 hour.
Add in the mushrooms and bell pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
Stir in the Velveeta and cheddar cheese until smooth.
Serve immediately, topped with fresh homemade croutons.
Yield: 8 servings, Amount per serving: 328 calories, Calories: 328g, Carbohydrates: 7g, Protein: 38g, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 97mg, Sodium: 2368mg, Potassium: 776mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 530g, Vitamin C: 25g, Calcium: 307g, Iron: 3g