Cheesy Garlic Broccoli Casserole is an easy, hearty side dish made with parmesan, cheddar cheese, minced garlic, toasted breadcrumbs, and tender broccoli.
- Yield: 10 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking dish with vegetable oil spray (or brush with melted butter).
- In a large saucepan on medium heat and add 4 tablespoons butter until just melted.
Stir in the flour, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute, until bubbly and flour is no longer raw.
- Slowly add in milk while whisking constantly until smooth.
- Let cook until bubbly and thick, then add in garlic, cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese, stirring well until completely melted.
- Stir in the broccoli and coat well.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and spread evenly.
- In a small saucepan on medium-high add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and the panko bread crumbs.
- Stir well until panko is well coated.
Sprinkle panko over the broccoli and bake for 30 minutes.
Yield: 10 Servings, Amount per serving: 221 calories, Calories: 221g, Carbohydrates: 14g, Protein: 10g, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 41mg, Sodium: 477mg, Potassium: 297mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 821g, Vitamin C: 49g, Calcium: 263g, Iron: 1g