Tender, buttery corn cakes topped with tomatillo salsa, pico de gallo, southwestern sauce, avocadoes, cilantro and sour cream! A true Cheesecake Factory Favorite brought into your own kitchen!! Easy to make and really fast with a food processor!
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Course: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 2 tomatillos , diced
- 4 ounces mild green chilies , drained and diced
- 1 green onion , minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro , minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 small jalapeno , seeded and minced
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
Tamale Corn Cakes:
- 1 1/2 cups sweet corn
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup corn masa harina flour (corn flour)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 avocado , diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro , chopped
Make the salsa verde by putting the tomatillos, mild green chilies, green onion, 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, 1 1/4 teaspoons granulated sugar, 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 pinch ground black pepper in a food processor for 5-10 seconds. Put in the refrigerator to chill.
To make the tomato salsa put the tomatoes, diced onion, 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon lime juice, 1/2 small jalapeno, 1 dash salt and 1 dash ground black pepper in a food processor for 5-10 seconds. Put in the refrigerator to chill.
- To make the southwestern sauce, put 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon white vinegar, 1 teaspoon water, 3/4 teaspoon granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1 pinch cayenne pepper, 1 pinch onion powder, 1 dash salt and 1 dash garlic powder in a small bowl and mix.
- To Make the Tamale Cakes, put 1 cup of the frozen corn with the butter, sugar, and salt in a food processor. Blend well. Move the ingredients to a bowl. Add the corn flour, remaining corn and all purpose flour and blend well.
Measure 1/4 cup portions of the mixture and form it into patties with your hands. Add 2 tablespoons of canola oil to a pan and heat onto medium high. Cook the patties for 3-5 minutes or until browned, flip and continue to cook until browned.
- To assemble, Place all the cakes on a warmed serving platter. Add a spoonful of the salsa verde and pico de gallo salsa. Garnish with diced avocado, the southwestern sauce, cilantro and a dollop of sour cream.
- Enjoy! You’ve earned it!
Yield: 6 Servings, Amount per serving: 439 calories, Calories: 439g, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 34g, Saturated Fat: 13g, Cholesterol: 53mg, Sodium: 429mg, Potassium: 331mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 12g, Vitamin A: 1235g, Vitamin C: 14.8g, Calcium: 34g, Iron: 0.8g