Brisket Cowboy Beans are better-than-baked beans with brisket, simmered in a thick sauce made with tomatoes, beef broth, barbecue sauce, and no added sugar.
- Yield: 10 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 1 jalapeno , diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 30 ounces pinto beans , drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces kidney beans , drained and rinsed
- 2 cups brisket , cooked and chopped
- Add oil to a large pot or dutch oven on high heat.
Add onions and jalapeño and cook for 4-5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add in salt, black pepper, diced tomatoes, beef broth, bbq sauce, pinto beans, kidney beans and brisket and stir well.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Yield: 10 servings, Amount per serving: 337 calories, Calories: 337g, Carbohydrates: 46g, Protein: 22g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 29mg, Sodium: 748mg, Potassium: 881mg, Fiber: 12g, Sugar: 11g, Vitamin A: 126g, Vitamin C: 8g, Calcium: 81g, Iron: 5g