Braised Cabbage is a simple and flavorful, tender dish made with red cabbage, onions, and just a little salt and pepper. Easily made in one pot.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 head red cabbage , thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 yellow onion , sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Add the olive oil, water, red cabbage, onion, salt, and pepper to a large pot on medium-high heat.
- Stir well, bring liquid in the pot to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover.
Cook for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally until cabbage is soft and tender.
Yield: 8 Servings, Amount per serving: 66 calories, Calories: 66g, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 320mg, Potassium: 265mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 1170g, Vitamin C: 60g, Calcium: 49g, Iron: 1g