Blue Cheese Sauce is extra rich and creamy. It’s perfect to spoon over steak and made in just 10 minutes with onion, heavy cream, and blue cheese crumbles.
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Course: Sauce
- Cuisine: French
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup blue cheese , crumbled (divided)
- Add butter, onion, salt, and pepper to a large skillet on medium heat.
Cook, stirring often, until caramelized and softened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add in the heavy cream and 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles.
Stir together and let cook for 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- Turn off heat, stir in remaining blue cheese and serve.
Yield: 12 Servings, Amount per serving: 130 calories, Calories: 130g, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 43mg, Sodium: 210mg, Potassium: 41mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 465g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 55g, Iron: 1g