Blue Cheese Crusted Filet Mignon is an easy upgrade to classic Filet Mignon with blue cheese, breadcrumbs, and buttery. It’s the perfect dish to impress!
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: French
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
Blue Cheese Topping:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 beef tenderloin , filet mignon steaks, (~8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to a large skillet on medium heat.
Add in onions and cook, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes until translucent.
Add the onions to a large mixing bowl and let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in blue cheese, panko breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Mash the ingredients together gently with a fork.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons unsalted butter to your skillet (just bigger than your steaks) on high heat.
- Season steaks all over with salt and pepper
Sear the steaks on each side for 3 minutes until browned.
Top the steaks with the blue cheese mixture, then place in the oven for 4 minutes (for rare, 5-6 for medium or more for well done).
Let rest for 10 minutes, covered with a sheet of foil, before serving.
Yield: 4 Servings, Amount per serving: 170 calories, Calories: 170g, Carbohydrates: 6g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 39mg, Sodium: 964mg, Potassium: 69mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 436g, Vitamin C: 2g, Calcium: 73g, Iron: 1g