Bernaise Sauce is the ultimate creamy sauce with a little bit of spice made in one pan. It’s perfect to pour over steak and make it even more delicious.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Course: Sauce
- Cuisine: French
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons onion , minced
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons tarragon , chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch coarse ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- To a saucepan on medium heat add the butter, eggs, heavy cream, onion, vinegar, lemon juice, tarragon, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper and whisk until melted and combined.
- Keep whisking as it is melting to avoid the eggs cooking.
Whisk, as it cooks for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Serve immediately over rested steaks.
Yield: 8 Servings, Amount per serving: 86 calories, Calories: 86g, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 69mg, Sodium: 151mg, Potassium: 20mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 340g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 17g, Iron: 1g