Beer and Onion Brisket is an oven-baked recipe that’s tender, and juicy. The beer sauce gives the meat moisture, and flavor and makes a delicious gravy.
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 1 fresh beef brisket , 2-1/2 to 3 pounds
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 large onion , thinly sliced
- 12 ounce can beer
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Rub brisket with celery salt, pepper, and salt, then place in a large baking dish.
- Top brisket with onion.
- In a medium bowl, mix beer with the Worcestershire sauce and pour over the meat in the baking dish.
Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and cook in the oven for 4 hours.
Remove brisket from the oven, remove the foil carefully to release steam, then let sit 10 minutes before slicing.
Yield: 12 Servings, Amount per serving: 258 calories, Calories: 258g, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 32g, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 94mg, Sodium: 373mg, Potassium: 533mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 13g, Iron: 3g