Beef Lo Mein is a Chinese takeout favorite. This recipe makes it an easy homemade dinner with tender steak, flavorful sauce, egg noodles, and vegetables.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 10 ounces Chinese egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound flank steak
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 carrot , julienned
- 1/2 cup onion , sliced
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Cook the egg noodles one minute shy of the directions.
- Drain and toss with sesame oil in a bowl to coat.
Add vegetable oil and soy sauce to steak and marinade for 15 minutes.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat.
Cook the steak slices in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
Remove steak from the pan and add in the ginger and garlic and cook them for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add in the water, soy sauce, cornstarch, vegetable oil and oyster sauce into the skillet.
Add in the carrot, onion and celery and cook for 1-2 minutes before adding back in the steak and egg noodles.
- Add in the bean sprouts, toss all the ingredients together well and serve.
Yield: 6 Servings, Amount per serving: 290 calories, Calories: 290g, Carbohydrates: 23g, Protein: 20g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 45mg, Sodium: 755mg, Potassium: 399mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 1758g, Vitamin C: 5g, Calcium: 34g, Iron: 3g