Apple Pie Muffins are super moist and flavorful fall muffin recipe made with red apple chunks, buttermilk, cinnamon, nutmeg and a brown sugar crumb topping.
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Course: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Author: FlashRecipe.com
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar , packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 red apples , diced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- To your stand mixer (or a large bowl with a hand mixer) add the buttermilk, brown sugar, egg, melted butter and vanilla extract.
Mix on the lowest speed setting until smooth, about 30 seconds.
Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and add it to the wet ingredients until just combined on the lowest speed setting.
- Fold in the apples, then scoop into the muffin liners.
- To make the crumble, in a medium bowl with a fork, mash together the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter in the topping mixture, then sprinkle it over the batter.
Bake for 20-22 minutes.
Yield: 12 servings, Amount per serving: 368 calories, Calories: 368g, Carbohydrates: 64g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 41mg, Sodium: 227mg, Potassium: 145mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 40g, Vitamin A: 364g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 66g, Iron: 2g